"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."



Friday, May 27, 2011

Our 4th CFT Season

4th!?! I can't believe we've managed to live somewhere long enough to have done anything for four years. If you're keeping record, that itself is a record. This is the longest we've stayed put since we left Charlotte in 2001. Let's hear it for a wee bit of stability.

There is a part of me that likes to move. There's something about a fresh start, a clean slate. You can reinvent yourself. Change your name. Throw mountains of useless stuff away. You get the picture.

But back to this CFT thing...

This was (Kleenex, please) Juliana's last year in Alpha. And while all that growing up that she's doing is wearing me out emotionally, I am a bit excited to have fewer plays to drive to and pay for next year. Can anyone say four dollars a gallon?

The year began with Stuart Little which could have easily never made it to the stage. I mentioned before that all the snow came on the opening day of crunch, but I believe I failed to mention that it was shortly followed by its cousin, Ice.

The first two days were flat cancelled. The third day was attempted. Birch slid her all the way there, dropped her off, headed for home and five minutes later noticed the roads were being closed. Chalk this up to a Slip and Slide tour of North Atlanta. That'll never sell.

They pulled it off. That's what theater people do.

Next up, Children of Eden. Sometime, if you've a cup of hot tea and are interested in a mound of salacious details, I'll thrill you with all the controversy surrounding that one.

I will simply say this. It was beautiful and magical from start to finish. We're so blessed Juliana was able to be a part of this.

Two weeks later we ended the season with The True Life Adventures of Gooney Bird Green, or something close to that. This play, in a word, was fun.

It starred the unbelievably amazingly talented Emily Haynes as Gooney Bird in her last (for now?) year at CFT. (It's quite possible, okay probable, that she will read this blog post. Not that that in any way biased the above statement).


And while I am mostly just relieved that my summer calendar is blessedly blank (minus Z's confusing visitation schedule), I know that come August, we will all be excited about our 5th (Who'da thought?) year.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear all the salacious details of the controversy surrounding COE! Sounds intriguing! :) Seriously, I have missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete